Open: 19th November – 26th December 2020
About this event
The origins of Salzburg Christmas Market or Salzburg Christkindlmarkt as it is known locally go back to the late 15th century and make it not only one of the oldest Christmas markets in Europe but also one of the most beautiful Advent markets in the world.
Salzburg Christmas Market is the most popular in the historic city and can be found in the heart of the old town on Cathedral Square and Residence Square.
The Advent season is a fantastic time to visit Salzburg. With snow often turning the city into an atmospheric winter wonderland, the many Christmas markets add to the seasonal feeling and make the city one of the most romantic in Austria.
Times and dates shown are for the main Salzburg Christmas Market.
There are many more markets to be found in and around Salzburg including:
- Advent Magic in Hellbrunn
- Christmas Market on Mirabell Square
- Advent Market St Leonhard
- Advent Market in the Hohensalzburg Fortress Courtyard
- Stern Advent with Winter Market
Please note the information and dates on the markets are subject to change.
Featured Image – Christmas market in Salzburg winter © Österreich Werbung, Photographer: Weinhaeupl W.
- Listing categories Christmas Markets
- Location / Region Austria / Salzburger Land / Salzburg
- Market Location Cathedral Square and Residence Square
- Book a hotel Book a hotel today to ensure you get the accommodation you need!